All South Restoration & Remodeling’s Storm Damage Restoration Process
1: Assess the Scope of Damage To Your Home:
- Our professional estimator will consult with you about the damage and get the emergency services crews on their way to your home (if needed).
- We meet with you at your home to assess the damage and provide a personal consultation.
- Ww talk with you about our process and answer any questions you might have.
2: Emergency Services (if needed):
- Contents: remove all your contents from your home to get cleaned and restored.
- Board-Up: Board-up all areas exposed to the outside environment.
- Tarping: Tarp your roof if your roof is damaged.
- Structural Support: If needed, support structures for tarping and board-up.
- Extraction: If we are allowed, extract water damage and damaged items from your home to prevent further damage.
3: Prepare An Estimate For Damages For You And Your Insurance Company:
- The estimator will come prepare a detailed computerized estimate in Xactimate for all damages and services provided for you and your insurance company.
- Send a copy of the estimate to you (usually by email) and let your review it.
- Send a copy of the estimate to your insurance company’s claims adjuster.
4: Work With You & Your Insurance Company to Get an Agreed Price:
- Review the estimate with you and your insurance company to get an agreed price for all work to be performed.
- All parties agree on the work to be performed.
5: Schedule Work:
- Set work schedule for work to be performed.
- Let you know schedule and keep you informed on progress.
- Get permits from your local municipality to start work (if needed).
6: Remove Damaged Materials From Home:
- Extract damaged materials from home.
- Remove all other debris in your home that has damage (demolition day).
7: Install Equipment - Temporary Power, Lights, Other Equipment As Needed:
- If the fire department pulled your power meter, then we will install a temporary power pole.
- Install lights in your home for our workers.
- Install equipment to dry moisture and control the odor (in needed).
8: Continually Check Progress And Keep You Informed:
- Your project manager will continually check on the progress of work.
- Keep you informed about the progress.
9: All Structural And Cosmetic Work Completed:
- All structural repairs are completed.
- You pick the colors of the paint, tile, cabinets, and/or any other cosmetic appeal.
- Complete all the cosmetic work.
10: Move Contents Back In:
- One of the last steps is moving your contents back into your home.
- Go through contents to make sure you have everything and in good condition.
11: You Move Back Into Your Home: (if you were displaced)
- Move back into your home.
- If you changed your mailing address, then changed your address back to your home.
12: Follow-up With You For Job Satisfaction:
- Follow-up with you and your insurance company to make sure everything is completed.
- Get a job certificate of completion after your scope of work is satisfied.
13: Send An Invoice For Payment After Job Is Completed:
- Send an invoice to you and your insurance company for final payment.
- If you have a deductible or upgrades to your home that were not covered under your claim, then a separate line item will appear on your invoice.
14: You Are Happy And Your Home Is Back To Normal:
- Your life and home are back to normal and you can enjoy being home again.
- A call from our quality assurance department to ask how we did.
- If you have another project around your home, we can probably help you out.
We Think of Everything
Remodeling a property is a stressful job. That’s why you should leave it to us. We consider everything from building permits, workers’ compensations to liability insurance. Try All South Restoration & Remodeling in Atlanta, GA today!